Controller job in Anywhere
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary and Benefits:||Apply for Salary Details|
Our Site: Grown Rogue Unlimited |
The controller is responsible for financial statement preparation, cost accounting, inventory management (in accordance with GAAP- inter-entity consolidation experience required, IFRS experience is also helpful), budget management, accounting team supervision (including accounts payable, accounts receivable management) and general problem solving.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accounting professional who thrives in a really fun and intellectually challenging work environment, is well-versed in working closely with senior management, and wants to grow with our company.
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
2. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
3. Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary and partner entities, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and related policies and procedures
4. Monitor and report on the financial performance of the company
5. Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
6. Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
7. Communicate financial metrics to senior management
8. Provide leadership and support to accounts receivable and accounts payable team members
9. Participate in the development of and support the company's strategic plans
1. Very solid understanding of GAAP
2. Effective implementation of cost accounting principles
3. Experience consolidating statements
4. Strategic thinking and agility
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
6. Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
7. Self-motivated and self-directed
8. Effective leadership skills
9. Proficient at managing resources and delegating effectively
10. Ability to work closely with a senior management team
This position is responsible for supervising the accounting team.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to lift carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Additional hours may be required due to deadlines and extenuating circumstances.
Limited to no travel is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
• Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
2. Experience in the cannabis industry a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
• Must pass any and all required background
• Must have or be able to obtain an OLCC Marijuana Worker Permit
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply!