VP, Sales & Business Development job in San Francisco
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary and Benefits:||100,000 and above|
Our Site: Budtree |
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About the Company
We're building a digital platform for the rapidly growing cannabis community. The first of a series of launches will be a marketplace for all leaf/flower-based (marijuana, cannabis oil, edibles, etc.) and non-leaf/flower based (hemp clothing, hemp home products, hemp cosmetics, etc.) products. We will be servicing both the medical and recreational markets in Canada and the United States.
Our staff is an ever-expanding mosaic of professionals from a wide variety of industries including holistic health, horticulture, finance, e-commerce, telecommunications, information technology, social justice and social innovation.
As North America approaches a cannabis renaissance, we are excited and determined to take a leadership position in this newly regulated industry, bringing professionalism, accessibility, compassion and innovation.
We're looking for an inspiring sales leader with a passion for developing sales strategy and building and leading the sales team that will bring it to fruition. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in developing relationships, selling into small and medium retail enterprises, and managing remote sales teams. Hands-on experience working within the medical marijuana field is preferred and candidates who demonstrate knowledge of the industry and have contacts with established players will be given preference.
Candidate must be based in a large metropolitan area in California.
Skills & Qualifications
• Post-secondary education with preference given to MBA
• 5+ years in strategic BusDev and sales with a focus on SaaS or eCommerce
• 3+ years building and leading regional B2B sales teams
• 2+ years selling eCommerce services to Small/Medium enterprises
• Articulate, effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with sales management and presentation tools
• A passion for alternative medicine and particularly support for medical marijuana is critical
• Fluency in English and Spanish
• Work with executive team to develop a sales strategy targeting retailers and dispensaries
• Hire, train, and manage inside and outside sales reps working throughout the Western U.S.
• Establish sales targets and KPIs for the sales team
• Coach and mentor team to exceed
• Develop Sales collateral and tools for use by the team
• Attend trade shows, exhibit at trade shows, and meet with customers
• Gather related sales data, conduct analyses, and refine strategy as needed
• Work closely with Marketing to shape and deliver company message
• Identify new opportunities and threats
• Develop new business relationships in line with company strategic plan
• Up to 40% regional travel
• 90K+ dependent on experience
• Uncapped Commission