Dispensary General Manager job in Anywhere
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Company: |
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are a Maryland-based firm currently embarking upon opportunities within the medical cannabis program within the state of Maryland. We are presently looking for experienced and motivated individuals within the area listed below to assist with the MMJ licensing application process. If a license is awarded, this position could possibly lead to full-time, permanent employment. We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance for your interest.
DISPENSARY GENERAL MANAGER
The General Manager oversees the daily operation of the dispensary, handling the needs of all customers and developing a professional team that is passionate about medical cannabis. The GM also works with the CEO and CFO to ensure the facility's sound record keeping and compliance with local and state regulations. Priorities include the implementation of dispensary policies, oversight and management of quality product inventory and the hiring, development and supervision of dispensary staff. The GM is also responsible for overseeing marketing, promotions and the maintenance of reports as they pertain to the daily operations and financials of the dispensary.
• Ensure the dispensary's compliance with security, inventory and local and state regulations
• Manage and inspire internal staff to deliver the highest level of customer service
• Ensure the safety and satisfaction of every customer and employee
• Responsible for providing a high level of education and development for staff pertaining to medical cannabis strains, concentrates and consumption mechanisms
• Create budgets and forecast sales based on principles of retail business and experience
• Set sales, service, and profit goals and lead staff to exceed them
• Work closely with inventory manager to procure an adequate supply of quality products
• Fulfill staffing needs and coordinate scheduling
• Communicate with and coach staff on a regular basis to ensure the dispensary's excellence in service and labor practices within the community
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents relating to dispensary performance, general business periodicals, professional journals, safety, security and technical procedures, and governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Develop operations plans and implement and manage dispensary policies and procedures
• Document financial, Inventory and customer trends; maintain sales and purchasing reports
• Manage and maintain dispensary sales and inventory management software
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related experience
• Five years of experience in a retail management environment
• Excellent customer communication and service skills
• Strong interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
• Passionate about serving the MD medical cannabis community
• Strong accounting, math and computer skills
• Must be willing to submit to a background check
• Must be willing to work weekends!
• Prior experience within the medical cannabis community and/or health and wellness industries is a plus
ALSO, must be at least 21 years old and capable of passing a background check (no felony convictions of any kind)