Our Site: HydroBuilder.com |
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Maintains and supports the growth of several Brands through financial tracking, data management, competitive analysis, merchandising, leveraging our marketing resources, and vendor relations. Utilize available resources and tools to manage data, site content, marketing analysis by channel/brand/site and financial goals to ensure growth in brand revenue and maintain targeted profitability. The Hydroponics Brand Manager is expected to excel above their peers in the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily sales and ensures their assigned brands "book of business" meets their sales goals.
- Uses provided task management tools to complete or delegate tasks related to their brands (ie: Flow, Basecamp etc).
- Maintains product database and creates new product data through Microsoft SQL client - must be able to complete own data using internal data templates proficiently.
- Optimizes brand pages and/or pages their brand is exposed by using our CMS
- Analyzes the applicable overall market, manufacturer trends, product trends, consumer trends, marketing trends and more using tools such as Google Analytics or web hosted sites.
- Assists the sales center and customer service needs as demand requires.
- Actively resolves brand related issues with order/vendor management, finance, inventory, help desk, marketing and sales.
- Troubleshoots and resolves brand issues related to any brand assets that promote proper brand representation (data, imagery, pdf product attachments etc.).
- Coordinates with the data team to ensure all pricing, descriptions and specifications are accurate for assigned brands.
- Adjusts their strategy as necessary when a brand(s) is not meeting goal.
- Creative idea generation on new ways to present the brand at all levels - sitewide, brand page experience, category level, and product page level.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with customers, vendors/manufacturers, marketing teams and plumbing team members. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Birst, SQL)
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Education/Training/Experience - High school diploma or GED; one or more years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality
- Interpersonal skills-the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills
- Written communication-the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Quality control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance