Bookkeeper job in Denver
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Salary and Benefits:||Apply for Salary Details|
Our Company: |
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are a three store dispensary chain in the Denver metro area. We are looking for a part-time bookkeeper, for 15-25 hours of work per week, with potential for more hours during peak seasons.
Basic Function: The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Identify any debt as it comes due for payment and notify company leadership on upcoming payments
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts
- Receives, approves, and, when necessary, investigates client's accounts payable invoices.
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company's financial statements
- Assists accountants on tax return preparation.
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by company and partners.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Associate/Bachelor degrees in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- Minimum of four years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Attention to detail, in ensuring mistakes in entries and numbers are not made.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the QuickBooks accounting software package, but must also be able to do a manual set of books.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential, NDA will be required.
- May be required to be a Notary Public.