Method Development Chemist job in Poulsbo
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Salary and Benefits:||Apply for Salary Details|
Our Site: Testing Technologies |
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Part time opportunity for an organic / analytical chemist. This position requires someone with excellent troubleshooting skills, capable of working on multiple projects, is flexible, and willing to put in the time to learn and perfect new testing methods. Our lab is state certified for the testing of legal cannabis. We are looking for a chemist that can work on developing and implementing new testing methods to expand our clientele base as well as someone capable of testing client samples. This position is part time, but has the potential to be full time. Hrs are flexible. Starting pay is $18 - $20 p/h. Pay is re-evaluated on a regular basis.
Candidates will be responsible for performing extractions, chemical analyses, method development, method validation, and related laboratory duties. Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of analytical & organic chemistry. They should also have excellent lab and organizational skills, and experience with GC, HPLC, chromatographic and wet bench chemistry. Must be able to follow directions and implement methods found in the USP, AOAC, and related references.
• Keep pace and stay organized with multiple projects and deadlines.
• Write, review, and/or implement testing methods
• Maintain the GC, HPLC, and other lab equipment as needed.
• Work both as part of a team and independently to develop methods
Must be self motivated
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Degree in Chemistry or related
Experience in either an academia or industry
Must have experience with GC & HPLC instruments
• Extensive experience with GC method development
• Understanding of hemp and cannabis compounds
• Experience with brewing and food chemistry
• Environmental and water testing experience