Blogger job in Anywhere
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
Our Site: CannaFundr |
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you a budding influencer?
Are you a freelance writer or avid blogger that is looking to get your name out? Do you specialize in writing about marijuana, investment or policy, etc.? Do you specialize in blogging about politics? Do you specialize in news reporting in general? Do you have the ability of how to discover news that's about to go viral and reporting on that news?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, we may have an opportunity for you.
Cannafundr, the premiere online investment platform and industry news source, is currently seeking up to 20 Bloggers to join our rapidly expanding team for the launch of our new multimedia news platform.
Our ideal blogger will have some experience blogging, although blog network or large site experience isn't necessary. You should be able to work independently, including sourcing suitable content for posts, and editing your own work prior to publication. Writers aren't expected to cover all topic areas, but do have the flexibility to write in different subject areas should they wish. You should also have a reasonable sense of humor, be occasionally snarky, and be fairly broad minded when it comes to content. The ability to write a straight news post, and then throw in an opinion or "twist" post is a plus.
You will be expected to write at least 5-10 posts a week, although the more you write, the more you could potentially earn. Posts must be a minimum of three paragraphs per post (350 words), with the occasional exception (for example, a video or funny pic).
In return, we'll help build your personal brand as well as get you recognition in America's fastest growing industry, cannabis.
Our site is run by a small, close-knit group. We offer flexibility in hours and plenty of opportunity to expand your role based on your interests and strengths.
We will also place daily top posts in front of our Facebook and Twitter fan base which guarantees nice exposure for our author posts.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL POSSES THE FOLLOWING SKILLS
1. FAMILIAR WITH NEWS AND CONTENT WRITING. For example, please see sites such as Yahoo News, Mashable, HuffPost, NY Post, Any Other Major News Blogs, etc.
2. EXPERIENCED IN WORDPRESS USE A PLUS. You MUST have an excellent understanding of WordPress. You must know how to add posts, add links, search for links for on-site linking, feature images, add tags and categories, use blockquotes, etc. You don't have to be a WordPress pro but must be able to learn and pick up on some of the repetitive tasks that will be required for each post. Training materials will also be provided, and one on one coaching will become available if needed.
3. ABILITY TO CREATE CLICK-WORTHY TITLES. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with creating titles that get clicks if the topic permits.
4. EXPERIENCE WITH PHOTO EDITING. You must understand how to resize images to fit our featured photo area and how to crop images. You don't need to be a photoshop expert, but you MUST understand the very basics of photo editing. This will be for when you submit images with the article.
6. ABILITY TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE. Flexible hours are helpful. When major breaking stories are being reported flexibility in helping cover those stories is greatly appreciated, when deemed appropriate.