Director of Processing job in Anywhere
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary and Benefits:||Apply for Salary Details|
Our Site: Mazey Farms LLC |
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Mazey Farms LLC is a family owned and operated Maryland small business committed to sustainable Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). All our products are organic and free of pesticides and pathogens. Mazey Farms educates all our patients on the benefits and potential side effects of cannabis, methods of ingestion, lawful use, penalties for diversion, and substance-abuse awareness. Our team of master growers utilize proven proprietary small batch, closed environment agriculture (CEA) growing methods throughout the life cycle of the plant to produce some of the finest medical cannabis available on the market today.
Our mission is to cultivate, process and dispense medical grade cannabis, as prescribed by board certified physicians, to qualified patients of the State of Maryland in accordance with the highest standards for quality and purity. Our goal is to provide an organic, medical grade product, grown specifically to alleviate symptoms of debilitating medical conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Processing is responsible for managing all aspects of Company's processing operations from trimming, drying, extraction and food production including:
• Ensuring compliance with the Operations and Management Plans, Drying, Processing, Lab and Kitchen Procedures;
• Environmental management of drying area;
• Measuring, monitoring and reporting of Cannabis harvest;
• Performing inventory recording and checking;
• Ordering supplies for processing areas through warehouse;
• Ensuring compliance with all safety and PPE requirements for the laboratory area;
• Maintaining the master manufacturing record for all cannabis concentrates and cannabis-infused products, as well as developing processing specifications or parameters to be used where controls are necessary to ensure quality of batch;
• In conjunction with the CEO, ensuring quality assurance and quality control for laboratory space operations;
• Maintenance and sanitation of processing equipment and Processing Areas including refining equipment and production kitchen area;
• Supervision of Processing Technicians (trimmers) and Processing Technicians (lab);
• Write, review, and/or implement testing methods;
• Maintain the GC, HPLC, and other lab equipment as needed;
• Compliance with Company policies and procedures; and
• Any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Ideal candidates will possess:
• At least 5 years experience in commercial-scale cannabinoid extraction or compound-specific laboratory practices required including at least two (2) years experience supervising laboratory technicians or staff employees in a commercial production environment.
• Experience in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environment.
• Understanding of hemp and cannabis compounds.
• Experience with brewing and food chemistry
• Bachelors of science required.
• Ability to work within team structure, but also an independent self-starter who can develop systems and standard operating procedures.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A friendly positive attitude and a can do approach.
Salary: No cap salary based on performance. Benefits include vision, dental and health care, 401(k) matching, and profit share.