Director of Sales and Marketing job in Studio City
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary and Benefits:||Apply for Salary Details|
Our Site: TranscendCo |
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Director of Sales and Marketing (Studio City, CA)
Our client is seeking a highly skilled Director of Sales and Marketing. Applicants must have a proven track record of revenue growth year over year in previous similar position.
In the fast-growing and multi-faceted cannabis industry, the Director of Sales and Marketing will oversee regional sales and marketing functions and be responsible for collaboratively developing well-integrated strategic marketing campaigns, executing and implementing ideas from multiple sources, supporting the sales team, providing extensive research and data on industry trends, and effective marketing materials for the sales team, B2B, and B2C clients. Creativity is a must, however, implementation is key.
Candidate is expected to work with cross-functional Corporate and Local Management and must be able to quickly download useful inside knowledge and vast experience from various management and department heads, match with your own, synthesize, and spearhead the overarching Sales and Marketing Plan.
Director of Sales and Marketing will work closely with the sales force. Must thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment where everyone is expected to wear a lot of hats. It is essential that the candidate be comfortable taking ideas and direction from several sources, and reporting to multiple department heads. Confidence is great; humility is a necessary. We are an inspired, experienced team that is overflowing with ideas and in search of masterful implementers.
Detail-oriented and capable of managing projects from seed to shelf, candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to oversee marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities. Applicants should exhibit strong leadership and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), be willing to drive change and accept responsibility and accountability, and have strong degree of humility and flexibility. Must have demonstrated teamwork and the ability to successfully collaborate with others; we are a highly involved, nimble team of innovators. Candidate must be able to travel in and out of the USA, as position requires some travel.
Must Haves (Or do not apply):
• Must have B2B Marketing experience with solid understanding of various distributor/distribution models & Networks.
• Must have proven track record of revenue growth year over year.
• Must be an expert with Paid Traffic Campaigns or Paid Search as well as ROI & Conversion Tracking with: (but not limited to) PPC. Banner Ads is a plus; MUST HAVE some experience with Google AdWords.
• Must have experience w/ conversion tracking and ROI determination with MOST popular traffic sales models Paid Placement, CPM & CPA, Affiliate Models and Traffic Trades.
• Must have a successful Social Media or Viral Marketing track record that includes creating interactive campaigns or gamification (generating more than awareness) - ACTUAL conversions be it a sign-up, an inquiry, a sale, or leads/consumer action taken out of interest.
• Must have working knowledge of Online Marketing best practices in UE/UI (User Experience), SEO & SEO Tools, Site construction (i.e. make-up (not building one), knowledge of Responsive Design and what that entails), Content Strategy; Content generation/production (i.e. Tagging, Written & Multimedia/Photo and or Video/Animation)
• Must have successful Tradeshow Experience: Planning, Scheduling, Execution, Follow up, etc.
• Must have extensive experience with Branding, as well as Collateral Design & Generation, Infographics, Planograms, etc.
• UE/UI Experience should include User Modeling or similar, Personas, etc. Requirements Gathering and documentation (from a Marketing perspective; Technical Perspective not a Must but a big plus). A/B Testing, Responsive design familiarity, etc.
• Must be a seasoned manager with 4+ years in Management or Directorship position with the confidence, savvy, and people skills to match.
• Must have held Budgetary Responsibilities at the department level or above.
• Must be willing and fully competent at taking Marketing Ideas and Strategy through from Cradle to Grave, whether they originated with the Candidate, a Corporate Director or Shareholder, etc.
• Must be able to deal with interacting with and listening to multiple Business Directors that are each very experienced, picking out the useful parts and conveying concerns or difference in view effectively.
• Must have experience with ad rate, performance and terms negotiation
• Must have knowledge of Market Research, and Penetration planning and campaign design.
• Must have experience with Organic Traffic Strategies such as Link Building or Hub & Feeder site development, etc.
• Must have understanding of Projections and Goal setting.
• Must be very strong with traffic and Marketing analytics & tools.
• Must have general Hiring and Firing experience, knowledge of employment supervisor & mgmt. laws and best practices, etc.
Experience with the following is a definite plus, so please specify in your cover letter if you have hands-on knowledge of:
• Taxonomy Research & Development and any other Content / Marketing Strategy Development Tools.
• Start-Up Experience, more specifically wearing many hats working within a cross-functional group. Familiar with the hours that go into nurturing a startup and creating a department or opening a new location.
• Multi-Location & Remote Site Management.
• Lifestyle Branding.
• Campaign and/or Content generation & creative processes such as Story-Boarding, Shoot Planning, Copyright, Model Contracts, etc.
• PSMS (Premium SMS/Text Messaging) Campaign or marketing experience.
• Cost Reductions or Profit Increase Involvement.
• Consumer Device experience.
• Manufacturing Experience.
• VOC - Voice of the Customer.
Extra Credit for candidates that have:
• Sales Management experience.
• Sales Training experience with knowledge of various sales techniques, i.e. Consultative Selling, Diagnostic Selling, etc.
• Business Development experience such as promo Ideas, design, and business quantification with goals & projections.