Greenhouse Operations Manager job in Anywhere
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary and Benefits:||Apply for Salary Details|
Our Site: Mazey Farms LLC |
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Mazey Farms LLC is a family owned and operated Maryland small business committed to sustainable Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). Our products are all-natural and free of pesticides and pathogens. Mazey Farms educates all our patients on the benefits and potential side effects of cannabis, methods of ingestion, lawful use, penalties for diversion, and substance-abuse awareness. Our team utilizes proven proprietary small batch, closed environment agriculture (CEA) growing methods throughout the life cycle of the plant to produce some of the finest medical cannabis available on the market today.
Our mission is to cultivate, process and dispense medical grade cannabis, as prescribed by board certified physicians, to qualified patients of the State of Maryland in accordance with the highest standards for quality and purity.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Greenhouse Operations Manager/Master Grower is responsible for managing all aspects of Mazey Farms' light deprivation greenhouse cultivation operations from seed to harvest including:
• Manage the daily operations of multiple light deprivation greenhouses totaling 20,000 sq. feet, including cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, and waste disposal utilizing inventory management system such as BiotrackTHC;
• Develop cultivation area procedures;
• Assign and supervise work schedules and duties to Greenhouse Technicians;
• Monitor work activities to ensure adherence to safety regulations as outlined by ASA PFC;
• Order crop-inputs (nutrients) and supplies for the greenhouse cultivation areas;
• Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of the greenhouse area;
• Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Good Production Practices (GPP);
• Hire and train employees in greenhouse light deprivation cultivation techniques;
• Coordinate closely with the Horticulturalist in setting propagation, germination and planting schedules for all greenhouse crops;
• In cooperation with the Horticulturalist, identify plant varieties for future cultivation for our patients as well as diagnose problems such as fungus, disease, weeds, insect, and/or pests;
• Responsible for entering in all required data to maintain records for state reporting as well as assisting state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory and compliance audits; and
• Any other duties as assigned by the COO.
Ideal candidates will possess:
• A minimum of three-years experience in greenhouse commercial growing operation in a regulated medical cannabis program.
• A bachelor's degree in greenhouse management or the related fields of technical agriculture, an advanced degree is a plus.
• Experience in light deprivation growing and a proven proficiency in perpetual harvesting.
• Knowledge in the safe operation and general maintenance of greenhouse tools and machinery.
• An understanding the importance of maintaining greenhouse records.
• The ability to work within team structure, but also an independent self-starter who can develop systems and standard operating procedures.
• Excellent communication skills combined with a friendly, positive attitude and a can do approach.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience, Benefits include vision, dental and health care, 401(k) matching, and performance bonus.