Medical Director job in Anywhere
|Employer:||Log In or Register Here|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary and Benefits:||Apply for Salary Details|
Our Site: Mazey Farms |
Position: Medical Director
Contract Type: Full-time with benefits
Number of positions: 1
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience, benefits include vision, dental and health care, 401(k) matching, and bonus.
Date Announced: July 5, 2016
Closing Date: July 12, 2016
Supervisor: Chief Operations Officer
Mazey Farms LLC is a family owned and operated small business committed to sustainable Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). Our products are all-natural and free of pesticides and pathogens. Mazey Farms educates all our patients on the benefits and potential side effects of cannabis, methods of ingestion, lawful use, penalties for diversion, and substance-abuse awareness. Our team utilizes proven proprietary small batch, closed environment agriculture (CEA) growing methods throughout the life cycle of the plant to produce some of the finest medical cannabis available on the market today.
Our mission is to cultivate, process and dispense medical grade cannabis, as prescribed by board certified physicians, to qualified patients of the State of Arizona in accordance with the highest standards for quality and purity. Our goal is to provide an all-natural, medical grade product, grown specifically to alleviate symptoms of debilitating medical conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Per Arizona code R9-17-313 the Medical Director shall:
• Develop and provide training to the dispensary's dispensary agents at least once every 12 months from the initial date of the dispensary's registration certificate on the following subjects:
o Guidelines for providing information to qualifying patients related to risks, benefits, and side effects associated with medical marijuana;
o Guidelines for providing support to qualifying patients related to the qualifying patient's self-assessment of the qualifying patient's symptoms, including a rating scale for pain, cachexia or wasting syndrome, nausea, seizures, muscle spasms, and agitation;
o Recognizing signs and symptoms of substance abuse; and
o Guidelines for refusing to provide medical marijuana to an individual who appears to be impaired or abusing medical marijuana; and
• Assist in the development and implementation of review and improvement processes for patient education and support provided by the dispensary.
• Provide oversight for the development and dissemination of:
o Educational materials for qualifying patients and designated caregivers that include:
♣ Alternative medical options for the qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition;
♣ Information about possible side effects of and contraindications for medical marijuana including possible impairment with use and operation of a motor vehicle or heavy machinery, when caring for children, or of job performance;
o Guidelines for notifying the physician who provided the written certification for medical marijuana if side effects or contraindications occur;
o A description of the potential for differing strengths of medical marijuana strains and products;
o Information about potential drug-to-drug interactions, including interactions with alcohol, prescription drugs, non-prescription drugs, and supplements;
o Techniques for the use of medical marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia;
o Information about different methods, forms, and routes of medical marijuana administration;
o Signs and symptoms of substance abuse, including tolerance, dependency, and withdrawal; and
o A listing of substance abuse programs and referral information;
• A system for a qualifying patient or the qualifying patient's designated caregiver to document the qualifying patient's pain, cachexia or wasting syndrome, nausea, seizures, muscle spasms, or agitation that includes:
o A log book, maintained by the qualifying patient and or the qualifying patient's designated caregiver, in which the qualifying patient or the qualifying patient's designated caregiver may track the use and effects of specific medical marijuana strains and products;
o A rating scale for pain, cachexia or wasting syndrome, nausea, seizures, muscles spasms, and agitation;
o Guidelines for the qualifying patient's self-assessment or, if applicable, assessment of the qualifying patient by the qualifying patient's designated caregiver; and
o Guidelines for reporting usage and symptoms to the physician providing the written certification for medical marijuana and any other treating physicians; and
o Policies and procedures for refusing to provide medical marijuana to an individual who appears to be impaired or abusing medical marijuana.
• A medical director for a dispensary shall not provide a written certification for medical marijuana for any qualifying patient.
Qualifications and Experience
Ideal candidates will possess:
• Must be Arizona Board Certified: MD, DO, HMD or NMD;
• Experience in medical cannabis dispensary operations is a plus;
• Must be willing to complete and pass the ASA's Core Cannabis Training, the National Cannabis Standards training(s) and a State Specific Legal and Compliance training; and
• Excellent communication skills combined with a friendly, positive attitude and a can do approach.